Fall 2020 registration is open!
We will be do things a bit differently for Fall 2020.
Hello Crescents Families,
We hope that everyone is doing well and staying healthy. We wanted to first, say Thank You. This has been an incredibly challenging time and because of your understanding and generosity we have been able to ride out the storm thus far!
We are excited to announce that Brooklyn Crescents Lacrosse Club has opened registration for the Fall 2020 season! We are following the NYS Department of Health Interim Guidance for Sports Training during the COVID-19 public health emergency and plan to begin practice with safety measures in place by September 13.
If your social media is full of lacrosse (like ours), you may have seen tournaments going on this summer and wondered...why aren’t the Crescents playing? While it has been tempting to participate in the tournaments, based on all the information we have available and best practices that have been put forth by US Lacrosse, we could not see a way to participate safely. Every decision we have made since the beginning of the pandemic (and really our inception) is to put the health of our Crescents Family first.
That said, Fall programming will be a bit different and we need your help to make sure we keep everyone safe! Practice sessions are being designed to minimize contact, while still allowing for meaningful play and coaching.
We will be utilizing “Practice Pods” for Fall 2020 for players grade 1-12. Think of these pods as small group instruction with lots of personalized attention. We see this as a great way for our kids to continue to build their fundamental lacrosse skills so we crush it when we get back to game play!
You can provide input (form below) as to who you would like to be in a “Practice Pod” with, we will work with you to assemble pods based on geographic location and your preferences.
Pods will be assembled based on:
- Geographic location, age and gender of players
- 10-15 players per pod
- Pods will practice as local to their neighborhood as possible*
*For example, a pod of 12 boys that live near Sunset Park, could practice at Bush Terminal Park.
- The Goal is to have no less than 15 practices, each “Pod” will practice at least once per week with the potential to have more based on coach/field/player availability.
- Your “Pod” will be added to Teamsnap so you will have easy communication with the other players and coaches.
We will continually be assessing the evolution of the pandemic and should we find a way to safely play games (even against other “Pods”) we will do that!
How to register:
Register here: https://www.brooklyncrescents.com/registration/
Help us put together “Practice Pods”, fill out this form
Once Pods are assembled, you will be assigned your coach and your schedule will be determined (with your input)
* Using credit from Spring, upon registration once you get to checkout you will see an option to apply a credit to your current registration. Please contact me email@example.com for your personal credit code. As a reminder your credit must be used before completion of Spring 2021 season.
WE WILL BE SENDING SPECIFIC INFORMATION WITH REGARD TO NEW SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR PRACTICE IN A SEPARATE EMAIL.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AT ANY POINT. PH: 929.276.2252 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org