We are looking for volunteers to fill the roles outlined below…can you help?
This Director is the liaison between the Program and the girls youth coaches and is responsible for the development of the girls youth teams and any Program clinics. Works with Player Development Director and ED to determine team formation processes, team size, team and league registrations, tournament participation, program philosophy and all key policies regarding girls programs.
This Director is the liaison between the Program and the boys youth coaches and is responsible for the development of the boys youth teams and any Program clinics. Works with Player Development Director and ED to determine team formation processes, team size, team and league registrations, tournament participation, program philosophy and all key policies regarding boys programs.
Player Development Director (Girls)
This Director is responsible for directing all player development programs and providing guidance to best practices for coaching, player development and communicating lacrosse knowledge across all ages levels of the Program. These duties include organizing clinics and developmental skills programs for players throughout the year. Works with Boys Director and/or Girls Director and Executive Director to create programs, policies and concepts that benefit the development of all players. When possible this Director should be an experienced lacrosse coach.
Administrative Director (Boys)
This director has the responsibility to provide direction for communications including coach calls and in-season updates as well as administering volunteer coordination and meetings.
Parent Coordinator GENERAL DUTIES
The coach’s selection of a Parent Coordinator is very important. A Parent Coordinator is responsible for the daily operations of the team and serves a vital role in supporting the coaches and the philosophy of the team in order to help maintain harmony and team spirit. The Parent coordinator handles the business of the team, so that the coaches are free to develop the players.
The Parent coordinator’s main duties include:
- Serving as a liaison between coaches, parents & players.
- Dispense information for games, tournaments & practices, serving as a point of contact for the team.
- Recruit Team Field Commissioners: Help coordinate and setup field for games that BCLC Hosts. This position is on a team basis and rotated among various team families.
The first team parent meeting should be called soon after the team is formed. This can be done on the sideline at the first practice. A suggested agenda should include the following topics:
- Introduction of the coaches, assistant coaches and their backgrounds.
- Team philosophy, player behavior & parent behavior.
- Expectations of proper absence notification.
- Coordinating rides, etc.
- Parent volunteering recruitment: Field set up, tent coverage etc.
- Set up team gathering(s)
- Solicit Assistance with practice/game/program activities
- Set up game snack program, if desired
- Set up coach gift at end of season
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!